Monday 24 September 2012

First Signs of Winter

Well the first signs of winter really did poke their pesky little heads out today didn't they?! Relentless torrential rain really isn't the best way to start the week.

One of the many things Autumn/Winter brings for me is a change of nail varnish colour, and when I painted my nails this morning, for the first time in months I veered away from the pastel, summery shades I've been favouring and instead went for a darker, warmer tone.


I chose '273 Raspberry' by Barry M. I love this one - it was one of my go-to colours last year and I'm sure it will be the same this season.


I'm a big fan of Barry M - compared to the other brands at the lower end of the price range I find these are generally much better quality (the odd shade permitting which I'm not too keen on). I thankfully only needed one coat, which was a bit of a relief as I hastily painted just as I ran out of the door for work!


Have any of you got any darker shades you can recommend? I seem to own lots of summery colours (and lots of pink!) but I dont have many options more suitable for the winter months. Any suggestions much appreciated!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hehe just wanted to say I have this notepad too! Cute nails x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a bit of Paperchase! xx

    ReplyDelete