Sunday 31 March 2013

#PassionForFashion2


A couple of weeks ago I received an email letting me know that Money Supermarket were running their second 'Passion for Fashion' competition (you can read all about it and find out how to enter here).

With all the lovely new spring summer collections in the shops at the moment, the aim was to create three dream looks for under £200 each, in the following categories - casual wear, holiday wear and party wear. If you have read my blog regularly in the past you'll know I love putting outfits together, and so I thought I'd give it a shot!

Here are my three 'looks' (you can click on each image to make them bigger)...


The first outfit I'e put together is the casual look and I've gone for what I'd consider a preppy vibe, very Grease inspired! The starting point was double denim - who said this can't be done?! The tie fronted shirt brings a cuteness to the look, and with the skater style skirt I'd be baring my legs for the first time this year which would feel great after having them covered up all winter! The white shoes look really comfortable and so would be perfect for a relaxed day out, whether it be riding a bike through the park, shopping in town or heading to a theme park. I've seen the 'Nerd' and 'Geek' t-shirts everywhere at the moment, and although I love them so does everyone else, so this necklace still allowed me to still channel this feeling, but in a slightly less obvious way. My favourite piece in the outfit however is the River Island jacket which is from Rihanna's new collection. Not only does the varsity style design work well for the preppy look, but...wait for it... it has leather sleeves! Not only is this unusual, but I think it toughens up quite a cutesy outfit, so it gives a great overall balance. I would love to wear this once the sun (finally!) starts showing itself!


Right now with no holiday on the horizon, this really is a 'dream' outfit unfortunately! The majority of the money in as you can see went on these amazing beach trousers. I know this is a lot of money to spend on one item, but I just think they can be worn year after year, and due to the quite neutral shades and patterns can be worn with all different bikinis. I love the idea of beach trousers - much more practical for beach volleyball than a sarong or dress! Bikini-wise I've gone for this gorgeous sparkly number from River Island. The strapless design means no tan lines, and I think it would look stunning with the sun reflecting off all the detailing. Combined with the trousers this would also make a lovely look for post-beach drinks. The neutral shades and simple designs of the sunglasses and flip flops match the rest of the outfit well, but I avoided spending too much money on them as I always end up throwing these things around on holiday and having to buy new ones each year, so I didn't want to invest too much in them. The final item is this gorgeous simple rucksack - I think it adds a really casual, relaxed feel to the look, which is exactly how I want to feel when I'm away on holiday!


There is nothing I don't absolutely love about this outfit - it really is my dream look. For a party I do love a dress, but as I'm not generally a particularly 'girly' dresser, the monochrome, simple, geometric style of this dress finds the perfect balance between 'dressy' and 'me'! As the dress is quite simple I did want to add a pop of colour, and  just love the neon trend that is in this summer, so the detailing on the (amazing!) platforms and bright bag worked well together. Again, as I generally like to dress quite fuss-free I've kept jewellery simple, with just these gold earrings which pick up the gold hardware detailing on the bag. The final addition is the amazing jacket - not only does it tie in all the colours, but it's a real statement piece that gives the outfit a unique, stand-out look. This really is my perfect party outfit, and at £184.99 it even leaves some of the £200 free for the first cocktail of the night!

I hope you like the looks I've put together. There's still a few days left to enter the competition, so why not give it a go yourself?!...

xx

1 comment:

  1. Last set is a very impressive choice for party and other ocassion. It reflect your fashion sense and give a perfect look.

    ReplyDelete