Wednesday 5 January 2011

Bargain Beauty Buys!

Happy New Year All!

I'm sure along with many other bloggers, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to blog more often (or at least be more consistent), so here I go with my first post of 2011!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love a bargain :-) So I always get particularly excited about hitting the January sales (I'm not one of those people who queues at 5am though - I normally give it a few days so the serious shoppers get out of the way!)

This year I managed to get quite a few bargains. I'll show my clothes and accessories in a different post, but for now I thought you might perhaps like a gander at my bargain beauty buys!

First up is this gorgeous eye set from No7. As I'm sure you all know, all of Boots' gifts went down to half price after Christmas, and this set was one of those items. I was a very happy bunny to pick this up for £7.50, and it consists of three trio eye shadows, two eyeliners and a small mascara, perfect for my handbag. The packaging on the eye shadows is just adorable.

Next up were these three trio eye shadows from 17. Again, these were half price so I got them for £3. I know the colours are quite similar to some of the ones in the No7 set above, so I'll definitely wait to finish one set until I start the other - I hate having too many similar products on the go at the same time, as I never end up finishing anything off!

I hit Ruby and Millie next (not literally) and got this brush for £4, again from Boots. The shiny casing is gorgeous and it even comes with a lovely leather feel case so it doesn't get scratched on its travels.

Ruby and Millie again, next up is this sleek compact mirror. It has gold casing, swivels open, and has a normal mirror and a x2 mirror (scary!). I wanted to nab myself a compact mirror for my bag in the sales so was very pleased with this :-)

I'm sure many of you know that Boots have recently been doing an offer that when you spend a certain amount you get a £5 voucher for No7 - they do this quite regularly and I'm a big fan! After visiting Boots several times (as you can tell above!) I managed to get hold of two vouchers, and quickly snapped up these two brushes - a concealer brush and an eyeshadow brush. Obviously I had to pay some money towards them, but I still saved £10. I've been wanting to throw out all my old brushes for ages and start a fresh so was very pleased(continued below...!).

I managed to drag myself away from Boots (just!) and next stop was Marks and Spencer. It's not usually one of my favourite shops, but I just fell in love with this little set - funky tweezers, nail clippers and nail file! How cute are the tweezers in particular?! The set was reduced to just £3 so I couldn't say no!

Finally we have these little beauties - a brush set from No7. I've seen these on a few blogs, and I have to agree with everyone that's written about them - the floral pattern is super gorgeous, and the brushes seem great quality. I haven to admit that I didn't actually buy these for myself :-/ I bought them for my mum as an extra Christmas present for £15 from Boots, and then told her that I planned to get myself a set in the sale. However, when I tried to get them in the sales all my local Boots were sold out :-( So my mum said I could have the set I got her, as she knew I really liked them and she already had a nice set :-)

They even come with this cute black patent case with pink lining, which is really handy if you are taking them anywhere with you.

And that's it! Mission Sales Shopping, Accomplished!

Hope you like my purchases! I'm a very happy lady, as I love all the things I bought and, even better, I love that I got them for bargainous prices!

Have any of you managed to get any bargains in the January sales? I'd love to hear about them!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment