Monday 17 January 2011

Beautifully Black

Hi ladies!

I haven't done a nails post in a while, and really wanted to show you this little baby, which I put on for the meal I posted about here.

It's from No7 and is 'Beautifully Black' (number 70). It's the first No7 nail varnish I've ever owned because I normally stick to the slightly cheaper brands such as 17, Rimmel and Barry M. If I'm totally honest I only got it because I had one of those £5 No7 vouchers they regularly give out at Boots, so I thought I would try it out!

Here's the same image, with and without flash, to hopefully show the shade off in its most realistic light.

I used two coats. One would have probably been ok, but I wanted two just to ensure I had full coverage. I have to say that it did exactly as it says on the tin - speed dry. After only a minute or two I was ready to rock and roll.

I hope you can see from the pictures the lovely glittery effect this nail varnish gives. The glitter is very subtle and just gives a gorgeous sheen. It's not like many glitter nail varnishes that are really thick and give a coarse finish that you can tell will be difficult to get off - it still has a super smooth finish. From a distance it almost looks just plain black, as you get a bit closer you can see the lovely sparkling effect.
I was very impressed and will definitely be wearing this again when I want a modern yet sophisticated look.

The reason I have waited a few days to post this review is that I wanted to wait to see how it would fare after being worn for a longer period of time. It's now two days since I painted my nails, and I have to say it's not doing too well. Although some nails are still intact, I do have a lot of chips. However, I have been swimming twice and done a lot of sorting in my room, so maybe this has had something to do with it.

If I were to sum it up I would say it's an absolutely gorgeous nail varnish for an event or evening out which I will definitely be using again, but I wouldn't recommend it for daily wear as I found it did chip quite easily.

What are your favourite nail varnishes at the moment? I find it hard to find darker shades that I really like - has anyone got any recommendations?

xx

8 comments:

  1. i like ciante paint pots for dark colours, or good old barry m! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I haven't even heard of Ciante Paint Pots - just googled them and I might have to give them a go - some lovely colours :-) Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your nails look great, love the pictures with all the beads =)


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh looks lovely :).

    Sadie x

    http://brandnewbutterflywings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this! I have a plain black one somewhere but I really like the glittery bits in this one! I have 3 No 7 vouchers to use up by Sun when the offer ends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really pretty - I would definitely recommend it.
    I have one voucher still left, so I'm going to town tomorrow to use it - will probably spend as much on the bus getting there and back than I will save with the voucher!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I do like this shade. I do agree the two no7 polishes I own never last past a day without chipping. Ah well is the shade is this amazing it's kind of worth the buy (+voucher ;))

    ReplyDelete