Monday 24 January 2011

Alphabet of Love! A-F...

Hi girls,

I thought it might be a nice idea to do something different with my blog. I read so many other blogs and feel like I know some of the bloggers so well, even though I've never met them. The photos they share, the way they write and experiences they talk about make me feel like I've known them for years!

When I was looking through some old posts on my blog I started to think that maybe my blog doesn't really allow you to get to know me as a person. I would love to get to know some of you lovely people from the blogging community, whether you have a blog yourself or not, and I figure the best start is to allow you to get to know me a little better :-)

So I've come up with the idea of doing an alphabet of things I love. Hopefully this will allow you to understand the people, objects and slightly random 'things' that rock my boat, so to speak!

I'll be doing this in four separate posts over the next week or two. So, where better to start than with 'A'?!

...A Walk to Remember

I'm such a girly girl when it comes to films. I hardly ever settle down to watch a movie as I don't really have the patience, but whenever I do it's always for a real chick flick! A Walk to Remember is a real favourite of mine - so happy yet so sad at the same time. If you are one of the few that hasn't seen it, I can't recommend it highly enough. (And who wouldn't want to change Landon from bad boy to marriage material like Jamie does?!)

...Britney

So Britney's staging a bit of a comeback at the moment what with her recent Glee appearance and all, but I've been a fan since waaaay back in the day. I was lucky enough to see her perform at the O2 a couple of years ago, and although her voice wasn't the greatest, the show she put on was just unbelievable.

It's Britney, bitch!

...Cheese

Anyone who knows me in real life knows what a terribly fussy eater I am, and that basically my whole diet is based around cheese (I'll worrry about my cholesterol in a few years). Even on Christmas day when the whole family tucks into a traditional meal, I have a cheese and tomato pizza! This is serious - the picture below was Christmas Day 2009...

I need to start expanding my list of 'Erin-safe' foods!

...Dancing

'Dance like no one's watching', so the saying goes. I just LOVE to dance. I never went to lessons as a child but spent many an hour in my bedroom dancing along to the Spice Girls, Five and the Backstreet Boys! When I went to university I joined the dance club - the Aston WildKatz, and had the most brilliant time. Here's a pic of some of us after one of our performances...

I met so many great people and had so much fun performing and competing with them. Now I've left uni I'd love to join a new dance club, as I really miss it.

...Ebay

I am a little bit addicted to ebay, although much more on the selling than buying side. I've bought a few things but mainly sell items I buy from car boots and charity shops, or my own no longer wanted goodies. I tend to go through ebay bursts though, so whenever I have 20 parcels to post, people in the Post Office better beware - they're in for a long wait!

... Fancy Dress

I am a huge fan of fancy dress. When I was at university (I graduated last summer) no night out was complete without fancy dress! It's one of the big things I miss from my uni days. I did a post here on some of my favourite fancy dress outfits if you want to check any of them out.

Join me next time for 'G' onwards (if you're at all interested!)...

xx

5 comments:

  1. Great post :).

    Sadie x

    http://brandnewbutterflywings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These is a great idea for a post! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog! I too am a great lover of cheese, I'm a vegetarian so find it really hard to eat things that I like. Cheese is always a safe bet lol.. though I've never had a pizza for Xmas dinner !! I get really embarrassed about posting lots of eBay parcels at once, I'll usually split them up and go to 2 different post offices lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha - I often go to two post offices too! I get so embarrassed and feel bad for everyone waiting if I do it all in one. We probably shouldn't care so much, but I can't help it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete