Thursday 11 March 2010

Best quick, cheap fix

When you're feeling you need to freshen your look, nail varnish has got to be the best quick, cheap fix you can get.

After a rather stressful day at uni, I felt like I needed cheering up and typically turned to the shops to do it. Although a whole new outfit, complete with bag, shoes and jewellery would have been the perfect antidote, unfortunately I'm living on a student budget. So instead I went for new nail varnish. Strange choice you might think, but I think it's perfect for just making you feel that little bit better.

The colour I went for was 'BMX Bandit' by Collection 2000. I'm normally a black, purple, deep red kinda girl, but thought this was the perfect colour for this time of year- fresh and vibrant for the start of spring, without being too summery (we're not there quite yet!). It's a great colour for any situation- funky enough for the evening, yet not too garish for daytime.

For just £1.79 it really cheered me up- I genuinely smiled when I noticed my nails when typing on the keyboard earlier!

There's certain things that I think it's important to spend a decent amount of money on to get good quality. However, I think with nail varnish, unless it's a particularly special occasion or you need it to be particularly chip-resistant for any reason, then cheap will do. If you're only paying a couple of pounds a bottle you can afford to experiment, trying out new colours without worrying you might not like them and never use them again.

Nail varnish adds a finishing touch to your look, and might even make you feel that little bit happier. And all for just a couple of pounds!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment