Sunday 14 March 2010

Love is in the air

As bridesmaid-to-be, I felt the need to look good at my boyfriend's brother's engagement party in Ipswich last night.

As usual, when planning my wardrobe I decided I needed something new for the occasion. I took jeans and shoes away with me, in the hope that I could hit the shops during the day to find something to wear on top.
We were starting of at a pub for drinks and nibbles with both families and friends, and then the younger crowd were heading for a club.

In the end I went for the outfit in the picture. The jeans aren't new but it was the first time I had worn them. They were £25 from Crafted at Republic. They're 'skinny flare' and I think they're really flattering. The shoes are my old favourites - a tan pair of heels from Dorothy Perkins.

I found this top in New Look for £20. Cream with pink love hearts all over it, I think it was super cute for the occasion. Maybe it was a little bit 'themey' to wear hearts at an engagement party, but I thought it was sweet (it wasn't like I went dressed as a wedding cake or anything!). I think the top was a really good buy - with a blazer over the top it would be cute for work, but could also be dressed down with baggy jeans and flip flops for the summer. New Look have some really nice pieces in at the moment at good prices if you are willing to look.

All in all it was a great night - it was lovely to catch up with people we haven't seen in a while and was a welcome break from uni. i felt really comfortable in my outfit, and it took me from pub to club really well.

Now, just the wedding in July to look forward to.
Congratulations Rachael and Rob! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment