Monday 15 March 2010

Just a high street girl..

So, I've started a blog!

There are several reasons I've decided to take my first, tentative steps into blogging. Firstly, my boyfriend, I'll call him 'Mr X' from now on, has encouraged me to do so (I was going to call him Mr C, seeing that is what his surname actually starts with, but Mr X sounds much more intriguing). He has his own blog about technology/internet/website things I don't really understand, but seeing how much he enjoyed writing about his interests made me want a piece of the action.

Just as I was pondering the possibility of being the next Perez Hilton I bought this month's edition of Company magazine. As if by fate, the edition is all about blogging (maybe some fashion angel was looking down upon me). I found the articles, about all different people who have blogs, not just fashion-related, really inspiring.
The common theme of all the advice the top bloggers gave was to write about something you are passionate about.

So you know what, I've decided what the hell!
I may be no 'expert', in that I don't currently work in the industry, I'm not doing a fashion-related degree and I've never picked up a needle and thread in my life. But I just love talking and reading about style. If no one reads my blog, then so be it (although obviously I'd love it if they did). I'm writing it so that I can put my ideas and opinions out there. I'm not claiming to be some sort of fashion leader. I'm a high street girl on a student budget, and I think that's something many people can relate to. I'm looking forward to talking about my outfits, my best high street finds and of course some celebrity style.

If anyone out there IS reading this then thanks a lot. I'd love to hear what you think.

Happy blogging!

xx

(PS The title of this post is to be sung in true Journey stylee)

No comments:

Post a Comment