Monday 6 September 2010

The Big 2-3 - My Birthday!!

I've had a lovely few days of celebration this weekend because it was my birthday on Saturday! I hit the big 2-3 which I'm finding very scary since it only feels like two minutes ago that I was 18. However, a day out in London helped take my mind off my rapid ageing, so I thought I'd just post a few little piccies.
We headed down early in the morning to queue for tickets for Wicked at the Apollo, and luckily we managed to get our hands on some. Before the matinée started we went to Covent Garden. I know it's really touristy, but it's still one of my favourite places to go to in London.

While we were there we saw a Pearly King collecting for charity. I just had to grab a picture as he looked so dashing! (and of course I added my donation to his collection box).

The street performers were all out in force as usual. I think the human statues are brilliant, but I never stand at the front to watch because I find them a little bit scary!

At 2.30 we headed back to the Apollo for the show...

I knew very little about the show before we went, and was surprised (and very pleased!) to find out that the talented (and a little bit gorgeous!) Lee Mead was in it...

I can't praise the show highly enough - it really was amazing. The set was stunning and the voice of the lead character in particular blew me away. If you happen to be in London I can't think of many better ways to spend a few hours.

After the show we headed to the Waldorf for cocktails, and then on to an Italian back in Covent Garden for dinner. A lovely day finished off with my favourite meal...

All in all I had a fantabulous day - a very happy (and lucky) girlie :-)

Now, to find some wrinkle cream and my Bonmarché vouchers...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment