Wednesday 15 September 2010

Specs Appeal (or not, as the case may be!)

I'd always thought my eyesight was pretty good, so I was a little bit sad when I went to Specsavers a few days ago and was advised to get glasses :-( I don't have to wear them all the time though, just for 'concentrating tasks'... for some reason this makes me laugh, as I seem to concentrate a lot when straightening my hair, choosing an outfit etc, but I don't really think that's what they meant! Watching tv and being on the computer was more what they had in mind...

Anyways, as I won't have to wear the glasses that much I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I went for one of the cheapest pairs they have in Specsavers - these black rimmed ones at £25... (please don't laugh!)...

It's not that I don't like glasses. It's more that I like them on other people but don't like them on myself! Other people can make them look cool or sexy, but I'm not close to achieving either of these looks! But hey, if they help my peepers, then I'm all for them :-)

I'm slowly getting used to my spectacles (I love that word!) although I can only wear them in short periods at the moment. Adjusting my eyes should be achievable. Mastering looking cool/sexy/seductive may take a little while longer!

Now I'm off to plan my outfit for The Look Show on Friday. Let the deciding I hate all my clothes, throwing everything out of the wardrobe and crying, commence!...

xx

2 comments: