Friday 3 September 2010

Feelin' Fruity!

Evenin' all!

I'm a wee bit late with this post, but thought better late than never... (I always say that when I'm trying to convince myself that my questionable timing is not a problem)...

Anyway, a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to enter and win a Rimmel competition, and as a result was sent a bundle of Rimmel goodies as a prize :-)

On Twitter, Rimmel (@rimmelondonbuzz) challenged their followers to send a picture of themselves and the make up look they were sporting that day, from which they'd choose a favourite who would win a goodie bag. As I was feeling creative and had the time on my hands (one of the benefits of having a long summer before finishing uni and starting work) I created a look based on Rimmel's Twitter logo. Now, as I've said on here before, I am no expert with make up at all, but I though't I'd give it a whirl, and even if I didn't win I enjoyed doing it. Rather than just sending a picture of my finished face, I created this little collage below which I sent to them (maybe I should change 'have time on my hands' to 'have WAY TOO MUCH time on my hands!)...

Despite having some other great entries, Rimmel must have liked it as they announced I was the winner!! They messaged to say they would send me some goodies and so I was mucho excited when a few days later Mr Postman came a-knockin'!

The gang at Rimmel Towers were extremely generous and sent me a great selection of products...

The products are...
- I Love Fruities Lasting Finish Nail Polish - 053 Apricot Punch
- Glam'Eyes Eye Shadow - 200 Spicy Bronze
- Glam'Eyes Eye Shadow - 500 Posh Peacock
- Vinyl Gloss - 330 Snog
- Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 004 Sandstorm
- Volume Flash x10 Waterproof Mascara - 001 Black
- Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - 240 Aqua

If anyone is interested I can review any of these products in more detail, but for now let's just say I've tried them out and they're amazing. I'm particularly in love with the eyeshadows, and although not an obvious combination, I've found that if blended well the two colours actually look really good together (trust me!).

I have got some pictures of the nail varnish though, as I've just applied it ready for my day out in London for my birthday tomorrow (yay!). I'm not normally a fan of orange (not just in nail varnish but generally in life!) but because this is more on the coral side than red side I really like it. Also, the lid claims that when dried the varnish would smell of apricots, and I was highly doubtful this would be true (sorry, I'm a naturally cynical person, what can I say?!), but it actually does! I can't stop smelling my nails, which may look slightly strange to passers-by, but it just smells so good! Looks good and smells good - what more could you want?! I love it!

That's all for now folks - I'm off to get sorted for my birthday trip :-) Hopefully I'll have lots of nice photos to post on Sunday. Until then, hope you have a fantabulous weekend (and why not start following @rimmelondonbuzz on Twitter if you don't already, and look out for any future comps).

Kisses.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment