Saturday 10 July 2010

Dress to Impress

Yesterday I took my little self off down to London for an interview for an internship at Channel 4.

I set an alarm for 5.30am (painful) and toddled off on the train. Luckily despite the train stopping for about 20 minutes because of a fire, I made it on time. It was a busy day full of interviews, group tasks and written exercises so I was a very tired girly on the way home. I find out next week whether I got the spot, so fingers crossed!

I was all ready to wear a suit for the day, but luckily I emailed beforehand and found out there is no dress code at Channel 4, and I was told to just wear what I was comfortable in. Here's what I went for (again I'm sorry for cutting off my face - I took this after a long, hot train journey home, because I forgot to take one before I went, and it's not a pretty sight!)...

Shoes - Marks and Spencer
Bag - Primark
Dress - Asda
Jacket - New Look
Belt - River Island

I got the dress in the Asda sale for £7 and think it is really pretty and I'll definitely wear it a lot. To make it a bit smarter I added grey heels and a grey smart handbag. The grey jacket is really lightweight and I thought it just made the outfit a bit cooler.

Here's a close up of my belt which is new and I love! I got it from River Island in the sale for £8 reduced from £20. It will be perfect for making an 'ok' outfit a bit more special :-)

Oh, and thought I'd show you this cute little purchase. I got this card holder from Accessorize, and it's perfect for my Young Persons Railcard and means I can travel in style!

If you haven't ever seen the Channel 4 head office (which is not far from Westminster) then take a look at how cool it is...

Yep, that's a big '4' made from umbrellas - awesome!
Even after just one day I can tell that it is just the kind of place I want to be. I had a really enjoyable day, but the other candidates were all really strong, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the fateful phone call!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment