Wednesday 28 July 2010

Happily ever after starts here...

WARNING!!! This post contains looooooads of photos! But I don't care cos I had a great weekend!!

Evening lovelies,

First up I have to apologise... I have been a very bad blogger of late :-( I haven't posted for over a week, and have so far failed to put up all my gorgeous pictures from the wedding I was a bridesmaid at at the weekend. But now that I have recovered from the amazing few days I can now put these things right, and share with you what was the beautiful marriage of Mr and Mrs Gordon!!

(I plan on putting up a YouTube video asap with loads more pics and me talking about the outfits I wore over the weekend, but I am still a bit of a dummie when it comes to editing videos, so will aim to do it as quickly as I can!)

So, on to the good stuff... the gorgeous pictures!! It was such a beautiful wedding and the bride had planned every detail so well - she planned it all herself, and with help from family and friends she pulled off an amazing event :-) Here's some of my favourite snaps...

This is the gorgeous barn the reception took place in. The day before we had started with a bare shell, so it was quite the transformation! There was a general pink theme, but it was really tastefully done and not too in-your-face. There was also a bit of a country vibe going on, with flowers in cute teacups, bunting outside and floral ribbon everywhere.

Just look at this cake! Instead of the traditional white tiered cake, they went for a profiterole mountain, with the occasional flower added for decoration... amazing!

There were no normal place names at this wedding, no no. Instead, we had our names tied on to big lollipops with bright pink ribbon. So cute. As I said, the bride really thought of everything - I think she should go into wedding planning professionally :-)

The day before the wedding we spent quite a while putting this sweetie table together. With old fashioned jars, bags and metal scoops, and all the favourites such as fried eggs, shrimps and love hearts, it was so in-keeping with the theme. I would like to say the kids loved it, but it was probably just as popular with the adults!

The reception was in such a stunning setting, which allowed us to get some beautiful pictures. Here's the blushing bride looking stunning...

Here's a lovely shot of the bridal party. You can see me second from left, and my boyfriend who was groomsman is on the right. Just wish I'd kept my shoes on for this pic!

Thought this was a really funny one...

After a looong day, which finished with a brilliant disco until midnight, I was absolutely shattered! Unfortunately the minibus had to leave without us, so myself, my boyfriend and the bride and groom were left behind waiting to be rescued! While the boyfriend rang round frantically trying to get a taxi for us all, I helped in the best way I thought possible!...

Although I admit I was pretty tipsy, I wasn't as paralytic as this picture might suggest! I was just so ridiculously tired. But hey, that's the sign of a great party!

Do you like these pictures? I think they are so gorgeous (apart from the last one!). Are any of you off to any weddings this summer?
(Just a quick note about these pics - the majority of them were taken by a professional photographer (I'm sure you can tell which ones are hers and which are my not-so-professional snaps!) who is absolutely wonderful. She works mainly in the Suffolk area, so if you are at all interested in using her for an event, just send me a message.)

It was without doubt the best wedding I have ever been to :-)

So please, ladies and gentlemen, raise your glasses...to the new Mr and Mrs Gordon, and the start of their happy ever after!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment