Wednesday 21 July 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside...

Evening all,

Thought I would write a quick little blog with a few cute piccies of my day at the beach at the weekend :-)

On Sunday it was my boyfriend's stepmum's 60th birthday and she wanted all her friends and family (around 40 of us altogether!) to celebrate at one of her favourite places in the whole world... Frinton-on-Sea!! She owns a beach hut there with 4 of her friends so that was the hub of the day's activities. The hut is sooo cute! I really want one, but with a price tag of around £20,000, I think they're a little out of my price range!

We were very lucky with the weather, as it didn't rain at all. Although it was super sunny, there was quite a strong breeze so it was a little chilly (hence why I didn't feel the need to put suncream on, so am now nursing very burnt legs!). Here's what I wore...

I popped on my straw hat from Primark to keep the sun of my face and tied my hair in a messy side plait to try to keep it out of my eyes.

Bag- New Look
Shorts (again!) - Dorothy Perkins
Belt - Primark
Strapless Top- Dorothy Perkins
Cardigan- New Look

I spent the day releasing my inner child; building sandcastles, paddling and playing games. After food, the birthday girl was presented with the most amazing birthday cake...

How adorable is it?! With the beach huts (notice how it's number 60 because it was her 60th), a lilo, crab, the sand, beach ball, and the lady herself asleep on a deckchair, every detail was perfect :-)

What makes it even better is that it was all made by one of her friend's daughters - very talented lady! Her boyfriend even got roped in and helped make the deckchair - he cut lollipop sticks, sanded them down and even drilled holes in them so he could stick them altogether... now that's a lot of effort! It was all worth it though, as she seemed to love it...

Just as we were leaving, the boyfriend, his dad and stepdad felt the need to go for a swim :-/ Now, I know it was a sunny day and we were at the beach 'n all, but let's not forget... THIS IS ENGLAND and the water was still freezing!! Ah well, I guess boys with be boys, whatever their age!

I had a really lovely day at the beach and, most importantly, so did the birthday girl :-) Now, where's the aftersun...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment