Thursday 17 February 2011

Alphabet of Love! T-Z...

Evening ladies!

Hope you're all good, and happy that tomorrow is finally Friday! As I haven't had a job since Christmas all the days have started to blend into one for me, but as I start my new, very exciting job, on Monday, I'm looking forward to the days actually meaning something and getting that Friday feeling again :-D

Today I was finally able to finish my 'Alphabet of Love' - my A-Z run though of all the things that float my boat. You can find the first three parts here, here and here if you haven't already read them. Turns out it's much harder to think of things the closer you get to Z! Anyway, here's the final countdown...


...Tattoos (but not on me!)

I really love tattoos, even though I don't think they're for me. On other people I think they can look so gorgeous, but I just wouldn't get one myself (even though I think about it A LOT). I think it's because I'm very pale, could never decide on what to actually go for, and that I always think that it wouldn't look nice on my wedding day.

If I looked like the girl in this picture I would definitely have one. I really like meaningful quotes/words in particular, and I'm not a big fan of getting wives/husbands names tattooed - just asking for trouble me thinks!

...University

As you'll know if you read my blog regularly I graduated from university last summer after four years. One word to summarise my uni experience... awesome!

Although I was ready to leave, it doesn't mean I wasn't sad. I had a brilliant time, met great people and had so many memorable experiences! From other people's blogs I can see that many don't have as good a uni experience as I did, so I guess I was very lucky :-)

...Virgin Islands

So, in 2009 I basically visited paradise on earth! I hadn't really visited any exotic locations on holiday before, so when I went to the British Virgin Islands I loved it so much (it's where Richard Branson's Necker Island is). We stayed on Tortola but managed to visit some of the other islands too, and the scenery, beaches and people were amazing. The only problem is that I'll now probably never be able to top that holiday, so am going to feel disappointed for the rest of my life!

What's not to love about these pictures?!

...Weddings

Believe it or not, until a few years ago I'd never been to a wedding. But in the last few years I've been to quite a few, and feel like I was missing out before - they are so much fun! I was even a bridesmaid last year for my (now ex) boyfriend's brother and wife-to-be :-) I loved it so much and it was such a gorgeous wedding! I'm sitting on the left of the bench...

So if anyone ever needs people to attend a wedding because they haven't got enough guests and want to look a bit more popular, I'll be there!

...X Factor

So this choice isn't that unusual at all - along with the rest of the country I love the X Factor. And pretty much every other reality show out there for that matter. I never actually phone up and vote, but that doesn't mean my Saturday nights don't revolve around the TV. I usually pair this with a Pizza Hut delivery, making me one very happy bunny :-)

...YouTube

Once I log on to YouTube, the next thing I know a couple of hours have passed - I just don't know where the time goes! I spend most of my time watching videos by all the big beauty gurus, and enjoy discovering new favourites too. However, my most watched video on YouTube has to be this performance of 'Set Fire To The Third Bar' by Snow Patrol and Cheryl Cole. I wouldn't usually say Cheryl has that great a voice, but I think this song really suits her, and their voices sound great together.

What do you think?

...Zzzzzz

Sorry if this is a bit of a cop out as it's not really a word, but I couldn't think of anything else apart from zoos or zebras! And it is true - I do really like sleep :-) I've never been one of these people who can get away with not getting much sleep, and if I go a few days without my 8 hours definitely start feeling a bit ropey! I love nothing more than snuggling in my bed, in some nice pyjamas, with some magazines in hand :-)

So that completes my alphabet of 'loves'! I hope you've enjoyed reading it, and if you've found it just a tiny bit interesting, funny or insightful then I'm happy :-) Hopefully it's allowed you to get to know 'the girl behind the blog' just that little bit better.

As I said at the top, I start my new job on Monday, so along with that and moving city and finding somewhere to live, things could be a little hectic. So I apologise in advance if my blogging is quite sporadic over the next week or two.

Loves.

xx

2 comments: