Saturday 26 February 2011

Pretty Place for Pretty Things

Hi girlies,

Sorry I've been a little bit absent from blogging over the last week or so. I started a new job on Monday which meant moving city and being really tired from taking lots of new information in every day, so I haven't had the energy in the evenings to blog. But now I've had a lovely lie in this morning I feel much more awake and ready to get into the swing of things! My job is going really well so far - I've had a great first week :-D I'm looking forward to moving into my new flat in a week or so too, and not longer having to live out of a suitcase (MBFGW calls...)

Anyway before I left home for this new job I'd just about got my room at home how I wanted it, so I took loads of pictures. I'm going to miss my room as I'd just got it really pretty and girly, but hopefully I can make my room in my new flat just as nice.

So, despite moving out and so my room at home not looking like this any more, I still thought it would be nice to show you some photos of what it did look like. I've done a post on my bedroom before (which you can find here) but all the pictures were taken for that when I didn't actually live at home and was at uni. However, when I moved back in before Christmas, the room had all my stuff in and so was a lot more 'me' :-) I'm going to do a couple of posts to show how I finally got my room looking, but for now I'll start with my dresser (well, it's not a dresser, it's a chest of drawers, but I used it for the same purpose).

So, here it is, as it was...

The chest was from Ikea and I believe it was about £80, which I think is great value. The mirror is also from Ikea and it was a bargainous £10!

On top of the chest I kept all my jewellery, everyday things that I need easy access to, and a range of trinkets to keep my room looking pretty :-) I'm not a particularly girly girl generally, but I find a girly, pretty room so much more relaxing that any other style.

The 'LOVE' block is one of my more recent purchases. I got it from TK Maxx for just £3.99, and couldn't resist its sparkly goodness! There's also a pair of adorable tealight holders on there. I don't ever light them, but they're cute just for decoration. The flowers are artificial, but added some much needed colour. The dark box is my nifty solution for storing all my earrings - you can see the post I did on it here - I thought it was a cool idea!

I kept my everyday essentials out on top of the chest. I have more brushes than this, but not that I use on a regular basis. I keep a few brushes, emery boards, tweezers, scissors and eyelash curlers in this 'Bridesmaid' mug which I was given when I was a bridesmaid last year.

In the back corner are all my necklaces and bracelets on a mug tree. I find its the only way I can keep them all untangled, which made it much easier in the morning when I'm rushing about, trying to get ready.

Probably my favourite thing on the chest is this lovely glass pot, which I got from a car boot for £1. It actually has a silver lid that goes with it, but because I use it to store all my eye make up, it wont fit on. These are all the eye shadows, eye liners and mascaras I have - not a huge collection, but to be honest if I had any more I probably wouldn't use them.

I got this cute vintage pot from a car boot for just 50p! At the moment it's perfect to store all of my rings. However, my collection seems to be growing rapidly, so I might need to reassess...

Finally, hanging off the handle of the top drawer is adorable sign... so true...

So there we have it - my much loved chest of drawers. I'm really going to miss it now that I've moved out again, as I'd just got it set up exactly how I wanted it.

I'll be doing another post shortly to show where I kept all the rest of my make up and toiletries, and how I stored them while I was back at home.

Have any of you got any cute storage ideas? Send me links to your blog posts on your storage if you've written any...

xx

6 comments:

  1. I love this. I had a set of cupboard i want to sand down and paint white but it will take aggeess to do that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, I love how you have little personal things. Mine is quite boring tbh, just some whsmith draws, can find it here http://www.fromgemwithlove.com/2010/12/make-up-storage.html Hope you're okies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both :-D
    Gem, I'm good thanks. I love your fairy lights - I think they're the one thing my room was missing! Definitely going to get some for my room at my new flat.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty- shame you had to leave as soon as you got it how you wanted, but having the blank canvas of a new flat to decorate and arrange is exciting! Good luck with it all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how tidy your dresser/draws are, my thigns are scattered everywhere! Hope your enjoying the new job (since it's now been a month) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, mine did used to be a bit of a mess but I always spent ages rummaging around for stuff, so decided to sort it all out once and for all!
    My job is going well thanks - nice people and nice atmosphere so can't really complain :-D
    xx

    ReplyDelete