Saturday 29 May 2010

Celebrate good times

So, after a 4-year slog... or to be more honest 3 years of averagely difficult work and 1 year of work so hard at times I wanted to kill myself... (ok, that was a little bit dramatic)... last night it was finally time to celebrate!

The university had hired out a bar in the Arcadian in Birmingham for all the final years to party. I wanted a new outfit for the occasion, but because I didn't know what other people would be wearing, having never gone there before, I wasn't really sure what to go for.

I traipsed round the shops for ages and eventually settled for an outfit that was mostly from New Look. I thought it would be fine as if people were dressed quite casually I wouldn't look too OTT, but it would be dressy enough if people had glammed-up for the occasion. As it were, there was a whole range of outfits from the rest of the final years so I fitted in just fine.

(I apologise for the state of me in this picture - I forgot to take one before I went out, so this was taken at 4.30am after a rather heavy night!)

I loved the outfit, and had quite a few comments from people who thought it was 'cute'.

The shorts were my favourite item, new from New Look for £20. They are lilac and look kind of like a skirt but are actually the loose fitting shorts that seem to be everywhere at the moment. They have a bow at the front which is stitched in place so you don't have to think about tying it nicely. I have to say though that they did crease very easily, but they were so comfy and will be very versatile, so I think it's a small price to pay.

The top is just a simple white strappy top with some embroidery and silver stitching, again from New Look for £8. It is really useful and I think I will wear it a lot this summer.

The cardigan is also from New Look and they have it in loads of colours. Wearing this over the top and shorts gave the outfit the casual, summery look I was going for.

Finally the shoes are my old personal favourites, tan heels from Dorothy Perkins. Perfect as they are quite high but really comfy.

I kept my nails 'Sherbet Lemon' and wore my new ring from Miss Selfridge, as well as an older blue heart ring also from Miss Selfridge. I think that adding chunky, clashing rings to this outfit helped make it look a lot more eclectic and less 'put together', which was good as it avoided me looking too matchy matchy, which I could easily have done with the lilac shorts and cardigan.

All in all, a brilliant time was had by all! Drinks were flowing, sun was shining and music was pumping - what more could you want?!

Next stop is to find an outfit for my Graduation Ball which is in less than 2 weeks. I don't just want to go to somewhere on the high street as I will probably end up in the same dress as someone else, but on the other hand I don't have too much money floating around at the moment! Any ideas?!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment