Sunday 30 May 2010

Red Carpet Inspiration

With only a week to go until my Graduation Ball, I still don't have a dress and am beginning to panic!

In order to get some inspiration I have been looking at LOADS of pictures over the last few days of celebrities' red carpet looks, to see just what makes a great outfit for such a special occasion. From my extensive research I've identified what I believe are the three most important elements of the perfect look, and the celebrities who embody them the most.

Kate Beckinsale's elegance...

So I have never seen Kate Beckinsale in a film (and don't actually know what films she has been in), but I do know one thing about her - she always looks amazing on the red carpet. After any awards ceremony she is the first person whose outfit I look for on the internet the next day. I love how she keeps things so simple yet doesn't fade into the background. Her up-do's and strapless/one-shoulder dresses show-off her elegant neck and shoulders, and she holds herself beautifully. Other stars who I think always look elegant are Dita Von Teese and Anne Hathaway. I definitely want an elegant dress for the ball, as I don't want to feel that I am wearing something I could wear on just any other night out.

Kelly Brook's sex appeal...

Kelly Brook has the most amazing womanly figure and she really knows how to show it off. And why not?! If you've got it, flaunt it! She does sexy without flaunting too much flesh, and really accentuates her hourglass figure. Two other celebrities who I think also exude sex appeal on the red carpet are Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce. I think even if you don't have the show stopping curves of Kelly (and let's face it, most of us don't!) you can still take a leaf out of her book by showing off your best assets, whatever they may be.

Rihanna's individuality...

Rihanna is one lady who certainly isn't afraid to make an impact on the red carpet, and I love that. I'm not saying I would pick any of these three particular outfits to wear myself, but I like how she doesn't always play it safe. Sure it means she has a few faux pas now and then, but hey, life's too short to blend in. Other stars who also show some real personality and stand out from the crowd are Lady GaGa (of course!) and Katy Perry. One thing I'm dreading about the ball is wearing the same as someone else, so even if I do end up with a dress from the high street, I want to at least add my own accessories and hair/make-up look to make it a little bit different from everyone else, just in case!

So now I know what I want, I just need to figure out how I am going to achieve it without the celebrity bank balance and personal stylist... I'll keep you updated on my hunt (and stress levels!)...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment