Tuesday 22 June 2010

My Little Piece of Heaven!

As I settled down in my bed to write this post tonight, I thought what better to blog about than the very room I am sitting in...

So this isn't strictly about fashion, but I love looking at pictures of where other people blog from, so I thought I would do the same myself, just in case anyone is a little bit nosey like me!

The room I am in at the moment is my bedroom in my parents house which has recently been decorated - and I was in charge! I could design it how I wanted and it would always be my room, but it couldn't be too personal as I would hardly be spending any time there due to university and moving away, and so it would mostly be a guest room. Overall, I decided to go for a kind of girly, chintzy kinda look, although I was on quite a tight budget.

So, here are some pics of the overall look and some of my favourite bits:

My absolute favourite thing in my room is my lampshade - I think it's amazing! I stumbled across it in the Next Home sale for about £7... absolute bargain! It's basically made up of loads of strips of white plastic flower shapes that you clip on to a frame. It's about 3ft long (!) and really stands out. I love it!

On one of my walls I have black metal words that read 'Live Love Laugh' that I placed diagonally alongside my bed. I wasn't sure how the black would look in the mostly pale room, but I think it really works. The words were from Dunelm Mill and I think they were £10 for the set. Another bargain! I know they're really common now (I've even seen them on someone's wall on Coronation Street) but I don't care cos they look good!

On the other wall I have three simple canvases of flowers that are also from Dunelm and are quite rustic-y looking...

Here's my set of drawers, which is the only real furniture I have apart from my bed, as I have a built-in wardrobe for all my clothes. They're from Ikea and were £80 which I think is good value. On the top I've got two really cute tea light holders which were only £2.50 each from Dunelm Mill again, as are the photo frames. They've got a vintagey look and the photos are my little personal touch in the room. I think the mirror may be intended for a bathroom, but I reckon the chintzy look goes well.

Finally on my bed I have a really cute, girly duvet cover and four cushions, but I'm on the lookout for loads more. I want all different designs so that it doesn't look too put together. I really want a faded Union Jack design, but am just looking for the right one at the moment.

What do you think? Did I do a good job? I certainly love it!

I can't wait til I have my own flat that I can decorate exactly how I want it! I am collecting little bits and pieces here and there already!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment