Tuesday 10 August 2010

It's Couture Darling, Couture...

Morning all,

I have a very prettiful new dress to show you today!

If you read my blog post here you will know that last month I was lucky enough to win a competition on Twitter being run by Clothing at Tesco. As a prize I was allowed to pick any item I wanted from their new Couture range. Cue excitement, a little bit of celebratory dancing and an hour in front of the computer deciding what to buy! After a lot of thought (seriously, it took me ages to decide!) I plumped for the ruffle dress.

It arrived the week before last and I was soooooo pleased when Mr Postman delivered it :-) Luckily it fitted and I think it is so gorgeous. Here's some piccies...

The shape of the dress is different to anything I've worn before, but I really like it.

Sorry for the scowl in this one, but my eyes are so sensitive to the sun that if I don't have sunglasses even when its a tincy bit bright I have to majorly squint and therefore end up with quite an angry look on my face!! But at least it allows you to see the ruffly neck close up.

The back is tres pretty too...

Now although I love the floatiness of the dress, I thought I'd try it with a belt just to give it a bit more shape. I thought my flowery ribbon belt from River Island did the job perfectly, as it matched the grey pattern at the bottom of the dress.

I'm not quite sure when I'm going to wear it yet (I was going to wear it to my cousin's wedding, but thought it wasn't really appropriate to wear white to someone else's wedding - I didn't want any of those 'who does she think she is' comments) but its definitely a keeper. It will sit nicely in my wardrobe until just the right occasion comes up!

What do you guys think of it? Have you checked out the F&F couture range online yet? I think there are some lovely pieces.
I won a £30 Tesco clothing voucher in a different competition recently too (see my post here on my second piece of luck!) so I can't wait to spend that now :-)

Thanks Tesco - I love my dress and am going to hang it on my wardrobe door so its the first thing I see when I wake up tomorrow! (what, I shouldn't have admitted that?!...)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment