Saturday 12 June 2010

Product Review: The Pink Cow

I've got a review for you here on some gorgeous products I've recently bought from Boots. Ladies, let me introduce you to... The Pink Cow!

(Can I just say that this review, as well as all the others I do on here, are all about products I have been out and bought myself, just because I like the look of them and want to give them a whirl! If I ever review anything I have been sent by a company I will point that out to you all, just to make it clear. Now the official stuff's done, on to the real business...)

Soooo, I'd never heard of The Pink Cow until I was perusing the shelves in Boots the other day and their colourful tubes and bottles took my fancy. There are 6 'flavours' in the range, and each of them is described on the packaging as 'A Very *something* Bath & Shower Gel / Body Scrub'. There's...

Lemon Cheesecake: A very morningy...
Strawberry Sundae: A very wild...
Coconut Creme: A very quiet...
Ginger Bread: A very warm...
Vanilla Biscuit: A very happy...
Mint Candy: A very soothing...

The packaging is simple but still pretty funky, with big, bold writing and really brightly coloured contents.

As I say, I'd never heard of the company, and have tried to find other blog reviews about their products, but can't find too much. I can't even seem to find a company website or email address which is a bit strange...

After giving them all a quick smell in Boots I decided to go for the Lemon Cheesecake Bath and Shower Gel and the Strawberry Sundae Body Scrub...

These two caught my eye because I love to eat strawberry sundaes and lemon cheesecake (hey, you've got to make a decision somehow!).


So, the scrub. Firstly, the strawberry smell is heavenly! I know smell shouldn't really be a deciding factor when it comes to beauty products (unless it smells horrible of course!) but it makes such a difference to me. And its pink, and who doesn't love a bit of pink beauty action?!

The ratio of creme to scrubby bits (I really don't think these are the right terms, but hey ho, you know what I mean) is just right. I hate scrubs that have such few 'bits' that they hardly feel like a scrub, and I equally dislike scrubs that have too many 'bits' (particularly if they are big) which just makes it feel like you are rubbing rocks on yourself (no, I don't know why you would ever do this either...). The Pink Cow have got it just right, though, as after using it I felt like it had done its job but was not too harsh on my skin.

'What's the price?' I hear you ask. Well, it was a mere £2.99. For 225ml I don't think that's bad at all. I've used it quite a few times and still have quite a lot left.

So, the scrub was a winner, so how about the bath and shower gel?

I have to say this didn't let me down either. Again the smell is amazing. The packaging refers to it as 'A very morningy' bath and shower gel, and that's such a good description of it! The smell is really strong and zingy (is this a real word?) and has really woken me up in my morning showers over the last few days.

It didn't lather up quite as much as some other shower gels I have tried and there weren't as many bubbles, but it still left my skin feeling really soft.

Again, this was only £2.99 for 500ml. It's a really big, chunky bottle and should last me a while. Much better than buying cheaper ones for half the price that wont last as long.

Overall I've got to say I'm a Pink Cow convert! Both products were much better than I expected from a company I'd never heard of and I'll definitely continue to use them. I really want to try out the rest of the range and will let you know if I do.

Have you ever heard of The Pink Cow or tried any of their products? If you have, what did you think?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment