Tuesday 15 June 2010

Yay! I Won Something!

Just a quick post this evening to share some great news that I got today!

A few weeks ago I entered a competition being run by the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association called 'Project Guide Dogs'. The aim of the competition, aimed at students, was to develop an online marketing campaign for the charity to encourage at least 10,000 18-25 year olds to say they would support current or future Guide Dogs campaigns.

I spent a while on my entry and, to cut a long story short... I WON!!

I just received the news today and I am so happy! There are three other winners as well as myself and I am really pleased to have won as apparently there were lots of applicants.

So, to the good stuff - what have I won?!

Firstly, I will be attending a 2-day residential in August along with the other winners, where we will develop a campaign that will actually be implemented. I think this will be great fun and a brilliant experience. I am looking to work in Marketing now I have graduated, so this is a great opportunity.

Secondly, later in the year I will have 2-weeks work experience with the charity. This is really exciting as I will be able to see how such a charity operates, and hopefully be able to get involved in some exciting projects.

I am really looking forward to all of this, as it will be a great experience and really boost my CV. On top of this, hopefully whatever campaign we implement should really help the charity, which is great as it is a brilliant cause.

The third part of the prize is what I know will appeal to some of you the most though... I also won £250 shopping vouchers!! There were a list of shops to choose from, and I think I am going to go for a mix of Topshop and Next, as this way I can treat my boyfriend to some nice things too :-)

Pretty excited about spending the money already!!

Anyway just thought I would share my good news, and I'll keep you updated with my residential, placement and shopping, as and when it happens! And I expect all of you to join the campaign when it is launched later this summer - I'll keep you posted :-)

Yay, sooooo excited!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment